Tuesday, June 30, 2015

last day

Cleaned out my locker.
Turned in my pager.
Returned my 'resident physician' badge.
Gave back my white coat.
Got a fancy diploma.
Taught an intern how to manage and work up an acute splenic infarct.
Walked out of the hospital quietly...
   Holding in my hands a miniature 'The Flash' doll--a treasured gift.
          Thinking most of all...on how things end. How memories last forever.
                  Starkly reminded how the most meaningful part of all happened October 31, 2013-October 31, 2104, precisely.
                        Prayed to Him, 'take me to a place where doors are open, a lovely little place where no one is broken."
                              How I ended somewhere on 34th street, I don't know, but
                                   Instead I ran 15 miles in Santa Monica; running as if fleeing from a ghost from Taiwan
                                        Running--meditating in motion                                         
                                                 Meditating on Neruda's Sonnet XVII, on why its true; why i still believe in it.

                                  
                                      

                            
                     

No comments: